Thursday, May 19, 2011

Kiuchi Brewery -- Hitachino Ginger Beer


Hitachino Real Ginger Brew is brewed with real ginger added in the brewkettle.
7.0% ABV

Review:
This hazy, toffee colored beer has little head and a very light carbonation. The aroma is slightly sweet with a spicy ginger aspect. Similarly, the taste is dominated by caramel malts and ginger flavors which combine to drown out the light grassy notes of the hops.

(Side Note: Hitachino lost quite a bit of their backstock in the big earthquake, but they have been brewing since, and the availability of their beers should be back to normal soon.)

Overall: 
This beer is quite nice, but I would only desire to drink one glass unless I was at an all- you-can-eat sushi dinner... then I could have a couple. If you are a big fan of Bundaberg ginger beer, you will probably like this. It is similar in a lot of ways, but has a little less bite. Personally, I would say that It is one of the best ginger beers I've ever tasted. It simply isn't as "beery" as I'd like, so I can't give it an A grade.

Grade: B
Barrel Man says,
"unique brew."

(Bottle Purchased at Liquor Collection)

No comments:

Post a Comment